NIGERIA POLICE FORCE CADET INSPECTOR RECRUITMENT 2012
Recruitment of ICT Professionals into the Nigeria Police Force. The Police Service Commission invites applicants for recruitment into the Nigeria Police Force as Professionals in the following fields of Information and Communication Technology:
1.) Systems Programmer / Database Developer
2.) Geographic Information Systems
3.) Applications Development
4.) Networking (Wireless / Wired WAN & LAN)
Applicants must possess an OND in the relevant fields of Information Technology, in addition to the under-listed requirements.
1.) Systems Programmer / Database Developer (Sort Code B1)
- OND in Computer Science / Information & Communication Technology or any other relevant discipline.
- Additional Certification in Microsoft, Oracle, proficiency in Dot Net, ASP.Net, Java, MS-SQL, is required.
2.) Geographical Information System (Sort Code B2)
- OND in Computer Science / Geography / Information & Communication Technology or any other relevant discipline.
- Proficiency in GIS applications, GIS & GPS Remote Sensing, Computer Programming is required.
3.) Application Developer (Sort Code B3)
- OND in Computer Science / Geography / Information & Communication Technology / Mathematics or any other relevant discipline.
- Additional Certification and proficiency in SQL, Java, MS-SQL, Web Application Development, Web Programming, XML Technology, PHP and/or ASP.Net, is required.
4.) Network Engineer / IT Security (Sort Code B4)
- OND in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, or any other relevant discipline.
- Additional Certification in Cisco, Mikrotik, Microsoft and good understanding of network (WAN, MAN, WLAN, LAN) deployment & management, VSAT, Microwave installation/management, Internet Security, is required.
Age:Applicants for Inspector Cadre must be between the ages of 19 and 25 years.
a.) Height: Not less than 1.67 meters (5'6) for males and 1.63 meters (5'4) for females.
b.) Chest Measurement: Expanded chest measurement which is for males only, must not be less than 86 centimeters (34").
c.) Physical Fitness: Candidates must not have any physical deformities and will be required to pass a medical examination of physical fitness conducted by an acceptable Government Hospital.
d.) Be of Good Character
e.) Must be free of pecuniary embarrassment
f.) Must not be suffering from any of the following:
- Impediment of speech
- Gross malfunction of teeth or jaw preventing proper mastication of food.
- Knock knees
- Bow legs
- Bent Knees
- Flat feet
- Bent arms
- Deformed hands
- Defective eyesight, or squint eyes
- Amputation of any part of the body.
All credentials submitted by applicants will be verified with the appropriate examination / issuing bodies, and anyone who submits fake documents will be prosecuted.
Application Closing Date
July 31, 2012
Method of Application
1. Log on to: www.psc.gov.ng
2. Download the ICT Application Form (3 pages in pdf)
3. Complete the Application Form in BLOCK letters only
4. Make sure the correct Sort Code for the position applied for is boldly written at the space provided at the top of the application form.
5. Scan the Completed Application Form and all relevant credentials into a single PDF file and email the file to the relevant addresses below:
- a.) System Programmer / Database Developer / Administration: email@example.com
- b.) Geographical Information System: firstname.lastname@example.org
- c.) Application Developer: email@example.com
- d.) Network Engineer / IT Security: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
7. All duly completed application form must be submitted on or before Tuesday, 31st July, 2012.